Page
of 17

Bf2142 Instructions

167 replies
Votes:
+447
High Inquisitor
LEVEL 11
The Battlefield 2142 Alpha server is open to the public. Follow these here instructions carefully to play:

Visit Battlefield2142.co for the updated information. You can use the all new Battlefield 2142 Total Installer to install everything in one go. If you want to download everything and install them manually, you can get the community made All-In-One from there as well (Thanks to Wedgedeagle for putting the All-In-One together).

If you already own the game as a disc, or in your Origin library, or you downloaded the All-In-One follow the instructions below the total installer on how to patch the game if necessary (Origin is fully updated), install the latest MapPack, and install our redirect.

1. After you have installed the game and patches and maps, open the game just like before. Create a new account; use a new account name, but you may use your original player name and password. You do not have to accurately fill in any account data beyond your name and password.

Once your account is made, you will be able to operate the menu as normal. As it is a new account, take a few moments to re-adjust your settings (most importantly, Camera Shake and Crosshair Colour).

Buddy lists do not work. Nobody gets any friends.

2. Go to multiplayer and enter the Dethklok server via the following IP address. DO NOT - and I'll repeat that - DO NOT attempt to connect directly.

IP ADDRESS: 68.232.163.223
PORT: 16567

3. Enter the game. As before, it may take one or two tries to connect.

4. Adding the server to you favorites. You have 2 easy options:

1) Add the server as a favorite while in game:
  • Tab
  • Right Click
  • Select Server Tab
  • Select Add Favorite (Bottom Right of screen)

2) Add the server to favorites from the HISTORY tab and it will work

Adding the server to your favorites from the server list will cause the favorite to be incorrect. You must use the instructions above or edit your profile file manually.

If you want to have 1920 x 1080 resolution, add '+widscreen 1' to the shortcut target.
  1. Right click on the shortcut on the desktop.
  2. Click on the area called "Target:"
  3. Add " +widscreen 1" to the end of the existing info.
  4. Apply and Ok. Now there will be an option for 1920x1080 in the in-game settings.

This redirect is primarily designed for returning players; for those new to 2142, you will risk irritating regular players if you go in completely oblivious. Have a glance at the manual: Prima E-Guide

Points and Awards: Points and awards will be gained as though bots were human players. The point requirement for each rank has been greatly reduced. Certain awards can be granted multiple times.

• Lieutenant General (rank 42) is awarded to the top 10 players. (1-10)
  • Major General (rank 41) is awarded to the next 10 players. (11-20)
  • Supreme Commander is awarded randomly from one of the top 10 players.

Unlocks: Ranks are not always granted immediately, and unlocks never are. To choose your unlocks, disconnect from the game, logout (you DO NOT have to quit the game), and log back in. Try and gain a few ranks before leaving the game to choose unlocks.

Population Cap: The server will currently support 48 players.

Player Stats: Player stats are visible in your soldier profile on the menu. Bot kills count toward your score, for now.

Rules: Most of the same rules as the old Dethklok server apply. No glitching or hacking. No asshattery. No pissing off admins. Fighting commanders are not allowed. Friendly fire is usually set at 75% but may change at anytime. Titan movement will also change as feedback is garnered from the players.

If you have any problems, 'Geniuskid', 'mitcrellim', 'Airjerr' or myself will likely be on either the server.

The game server is based in Dallas, Texas.

Players that have been banned may appeal their bans on this forum section; http://dethklokclan.enjin.com/forum/m/1411244/viewforum/377598

Spoiler: Old Info (Pre Battlefield2142.co)Show

Stats Redirect Download (If Needed)

VirusTotal Scan Results

Most issues are already known and are being looked into. For those experiencing problems getting on, go to the '2142 Support' tab at the top of the site and submit a ticket detailing your issue.

All donations go directly to support server costs.
CADSigv3_zpsfge5tl4b.gif
Posted Dec 19, 14 · OP · Last edited May 20, 16
List
Undo
Votes:
Does this modified .exe fix conflict with the Novgames modified exe by any chance?

I haven`t been able to join via Gameranger so far, so the only way to play bf2142 is from Novgames. Don`t wont to risk a new re-install and all that bother again...
Posted Dec 19, 14
Votes:
+447
High Inquisitor
LEVEL 11
Risk? No more so that installing something made by Russian modders. I have no idea what would happen - but it would be fun to find out, wouldn’t it? Regardless, you can uninstall our stats.exe at any time.
CADSigv3_zpsfge5tl4b.gif
Posted Dec 19, 14 · OP
Lead Developer
Votes:
+445
High Inquisitor
LEVEL 11
This would conflict with the NovGames one.
To get back to NovGames, just re install theirs after uninstalling this one.
Posted Dec 19, 14
Votes:
Risk? No more so that installing something made by Russian modders.

Wasn`t thinking about any security "risk" here - Conflict would be a better suited word i guess..
This would conflict with the NovGames one.
To get back to NovGames, just re install theirs after uninstalling this one.

Thank you!
Posted Dec 19, 14 · Last edited Dec 19, 14
Votes:
+5
Mark
LEVEL 1
Hi, I have a few concerns...this Stats installer, does this modify and replace the Host file in my :/Windows/System32/Drivers/ Folder. my concern is that I also play BF2 and I use the redirect to play BF2 normally. Which also adds info in that folder. Just knowing what this Stats thingy does helps me understand what the heck is goin on, inquiring minds like to know. Thanks
Posted Dec 19, 14
Votes:
+77
Trainee
LEVEL 4
Doesn't it go Alpha, then Beta? Not particularly any reason for that, but still.

And what about new versions to test, maybe with 1 or 2 bug-fixes?
*** :evil: ***Simple Instructions on how to Install BF2142 Reclamation Mod New Online Multiplayer Servers with ALL Stats & Unlocks!

*** :evil: ***Advanced LONG Instructions for Install BF2142 Reclamation Mod New Online Multiplayer Servers with ALL Stats & Unlocks!

*** :evil: ***BF2142 Reclamation with Stats & Unlocks Server Status: http://stats.pingdom.com/6ojr14nz9mue
COIl0nZ.gif
Posted Dec 19, 14 · Last edited Dec 19, 14
Lead Developer
Votes:
+445
High Inquisitor
LEVEL 11
This does not touch the Hosts File.
Posted Dec 19, 14
Votes:
+1,014
High Inquisitor
LEVEL 11
I believe the only modification done to the 2142 executable was to change the hosts from gamespy.com to the one used by our stats server. This was done specifically to avoid the host file modification, much less hassle for everyone. And now we have another reason, it doesn't mess with the BF2 stuff, :).
mitsig.gif
Posted Dec 19, 14
Votes:
+77
Trainee
LEVEL 4
If that's true, why are there so many crashes from even exiting to the menu and such? It's not just in my particular case. Again, the original executable works fine and smoothly offline with no problems. Just changing server addresses should not cause whole game crashes.
*** :evil: ***Simple Instructions on how to Install BF2142 Reclamation Mod New Online Multiplayer Servers with ALL Stats & Unlocks!

*** :evil: ***Advanced LONG Instructions for Install BF2142 Reclamation Mod New Online Multiplayer Servers with ALL Stats & Unlocks!

*** :evil: ***BF2142 Reclamation with Stats & Unlocks Server Status: http://stats.pingdom.com/6ojr14nz9mue
COIl0nZ.gif
Posted Dec 20, 14
Page
of 17
NoticeNotices